WHAT WE DO
In summary; except to the extent that any enactment or the general law of New
Zealand provides otherwise, a school's Board has complete discretion to control the
management of the school as it thinks fit.
The next election will be in 2016.
Any member of the Board may be contacted via:
Mrs Carolyn Bunting
Board: Every 2nd Tuesday at 5.30pm
(Photo: Memorial Library)
Kate Murdoch, Ross Smith, Alex Duthie, Paula Cross
Virgina Callaghan - Chair of Hostel Committee
Brent Love - Chair of Property Committee
Penny Dewar - Chair of Finance Committee
A Timaru Boys’ High School young man will be aspirational, respectful, and a positive contributor to his community, with an inquiring and independent mind.
We will provide an education with active, varied and progressive learning, grounded in our school values, that supports our young men to attain personal excellence.
Goal 1: TBHS will deliver high quality teaching and learning with a focus on excellent outcomes for our boys
• Our whole-school teaching and learning philosophy and practice is developed
• The Curriculum delivers school values, thinking skills and inquiry
• High quality physical and virtual learning environments are developed
• Merit and Excellence attainment in the junior and senior school, and Scholarship awards, are improved.
• Maori and Pasifika boys’ needs are recognised and they experience success as Maori and Pasifika learners
Goal 2: TBHS will provide a nurturing environment that supports individual learning and development.
• A culture of wellbeing and support prevails for all boys
• Students at risk are identified and helped
• Gifted and talented boys excel
Goal 3: TBHS will extend the positive influences of the Arts and Sport on the growth of our young men.
• The engagement and participation of all students across the school
• Our boys distinguish themselves in top grades, competitions and events
• Boys develop leadership qualities